Dean Richardson MNCS(Accred/Reg) is a fully qualified, experienced, professional male counsellor of 22 years private practice.
Dean specialises in Skype & Zoom Video Counselling with over 14 years experience.
Dean Richardson is also registered on the NCS’s accredited register of counsellors & psychotherapists (certificate number: NCS15-02454).
As a practising counsellor, Dean Richadson is a specifically qualified & experienced to practices such therapies as:-
- Couple counselling (both intimate & platonic relationships, straight & LGBT),
- Individual counselling (personal needs from therapy) and
- Group counselling (a collection of up to 8 similarly-in-need people).
Dean Richardson ~ Portsmouth Counsellor.
Dean provides therapy for the local communities of Hampshire, UK. He is a male counsellor practising in Portsmouth. He practices counselling using a primarily psychodynamic model of counselling for individuals, an integrated systemic & psychodynamic model of counselling for couples, and a group analytic approach to counselling groups.
Dean is a fully qualified therapist, supervised & insured to practice as a counsellor the UK.
Dean assesses anyone for counselling regardless of presenting problem, age, gender, education, IQ, (dis-)abilities, relationship status, sexual orientation or gender identification – to mention a few. Dean Richardson has been practising counselling therapist for over twelve years in the counties of Hampshire and West Sussex, gaining a wide experience of different client issues and a positive reputation.
Dean also specialises in working with lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender (LGBT) individuals and LGBT couples including mixed sexually-orientated couples.
Why choose Dean Richardson as your Counsellor in Portsmouth?
In case you were not aware, it is an unfortunate fact that there is no specific British Law yet that prevents anyone setting themselves up as a counsellor / therapist without first having to have any training, complete any qualifications, be a member of a professional body, be appropriately supervised, and be answerable, professionally, to anyone except themselves (and the law).
Fortunately, Dean Richardson is a fully trained and fully qualified counsellor with over twelve years of practical experience. He is an accredited member of the National Counselling Society which substantiates his considerable levels of training, qualifications and experience. The NCS is also an organisation to whom you can complain if you are not satisfied with Dean’s professional therapy service. Dean is qualified to work with both individuals and couple relationships, and has training in facilitating support groups, working in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Some points that describe Dean Richardson within his therapeutic work in Portsmouth would include:-
- Sensitivity and intuitiveness.
- Accreditation by the National Counselling Society.
- Fully supervised monthly to a minimum of NCS recommended standards.
- Undertakes a minimum of 30 hours continual professional development (CPD) training each year.
Dean Richardson follows the National Counselling Society’s code of ethics.
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
- Registered Counsellor / Psychotherapist.
- Psychotherapy & Counselling Union of Great Britain.
Primary Counselling Qualifications.
- Qualifying Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (2003 – Chichester Counselling Services)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Systemic & Psychodynamic Couples Counselling (2009 – Chichester Counselling Services)
Major Contributing CPD Training.
- CBT With Heart (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), Hemmings Field Associates (2011-12)
- National Foundation in Group Analysis, Institute of Group Analysis (2010-11 – Brighton/Birkbeck College)
- Online Counselling (2007 – OnlineCounsellors.co.uk – Kate Anthony/OnlineCounsellors.co.uk)
- Assessing Clients for Psychodynamic Counselling (2006 – Chichester Counselling Services)
- Brief/focal psychodynamic psychotherapy (2004 & 2009 – Chichester Counselling Services)
- Individual’s Coaching & Mentoring (1998 – IBM, North Harbour, Portsmouth).
- Group (Business) Facilitation (1997 – IBM, North Harbour, Portsmouth).
MNCS (Accredited Registrant) : Member of the National Counselling Society. This membership indicates that I subscribe to NCS’s guidelines. “(Accredited)” indicates achieving NCS accreditation; a professionally recognised way to authenticate my substantial level of training, practical experience and continued professional development.
Dip. Psych Couns. : Diploma in psychodynamic counselling (Chichester) – observes the psychodynamic model for counselling. This was a three year training diploma requiring a minimum of 100 hours supervised individuals practice plus academic submissions to achieve a passing grade in order to qualify.
Dip. Couples Couns. : Diploma in couples counselling (Chichester) following an integrated systemic model & psychodynamic model and appropriate techniques from other models such as CBT & Gestalt. This was a 180 contact-hours (over 15 months) training diploma requiring a minimum of 100 hours supervised couples practice plus academic submissions to achieve a passing grade in order to qualify.
(Image (c) alexanderdrachmann)