Counselling can be an incredibly liberating process … and it is not free of charge. Dean Richardson is a professional, qualified, experienced therapist whose professional standards are matched by his professional fees.
* Fees are “per session” – see below for information about Sliding Scales.
* Payments accepted in cash or by cheque. Card payments accepted via my website @ HavantCounselling.com (click here to pay securely by credit/debit card or PayPal).
* For the foreseeable future, all counselling is carried out remotely via video.
For those whose income can make private counselling difficult to afford, I may offer a sliding scale on a limited number of cases.
Negotiating a Fee.
Preparing to talk with me about negotiating a fee can be straightforward – and it helps if you’ve done some calculations as follows:-
- First, work out your income minus your essential expenses (rent/mortgage, food, heating, work-travel etc).
- Do not include leisure & luxury expenses in your essential expenses.
- Consider counselling to be a temporary expense.
- Consider what you’re willing to give up whilst you afford counselling – contributing that cost to what you can afford.
- Total a figure into a weekly sum to work out what you could responsibly afford to pay for weekly counselling.
When contacting me, let me know that you wish to be considered for a sliding scale fee – and be prepared to discuss how you have worked out what fee you can afford.
First Session Deposit.
To secure our first appointment, I ask for a £30 deposit (or 50% of your fee if your session fee is concessional) to be paid before the first session. Your deposit can be paid via credit/debit card or by cheque/cash in person.
This secures our first appointment and the day/time for subsequent sessions if we choose to continue after the first. The remainder of your fee becomes due on the day of our appointment.
Your deposit is refundable minus a £15 administration fee if you cancel the appointment giving me more than 48 hours notice, otherwise the deposit is not refunded (e.g. by giving less than 48 hours’ notice, or not appearing for the appointment).
Please send no money until after we have discussed & confirmed the date & time of our first appointment.Contact me…
(image (c) Mukumbura)